Final Fantasy New World

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the final fantasy world at its best to become the new leader of the world.

Tier System, What is it

Ewen
    Ewen
    Admin

Tier System, What is it Empty Tier System, What is it

Post by Ewen Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:03 am

Now, for those of you who don't know how the tier system works, which I assume is the majority of you, I will explain it here.

The Tiers:
    The individual tiers themselves house the separate groups of characters depending on strength. These tiers will also dictate the strength of the characters themselves depending on which tier they sit on and where on the tier they are. The lower the number the stronger the character. All characters will of course start on the bottom of tier 4.

Moving Up:
    Moving up in the tiers by leveling up higher than the person above them. All characters that are just starting out at Level 1 will be at the bottom of Tier 4, as previously stated, where they have to do quests and slay monsters to gain XP. XP is gained by completing Quests or defeating monsters out in the world map or caves and certain towns. XP amount to level up from level 1 is 100 and every level after that it doubles going to 200 then Level 3 it goes to 400 ect ect.

Relative Strength:
    Now, the tiers have numbers which some may think just number who is in the tier. It is true that they do, but they also represent even further in depth character strength. Each number gap is a difference in strength. For an example, if someone who was number 8 in tier 3 fought against someone who was number 2 in tier 3, they would get rather overwhelmed. A difference of 1 however, like a battle between a 7 and 8 would be practically even. There would be the slightest advantage towards the 7 but it would come down to who the better RPer is and how well they can use their abilities.

Gapping Tiers:
    Moving up through each tier itself is not the only work to be done. Moving from one tier to another is rather challenging as well. A gap between tiers means moving into a different league and being recognized as that much stronger. Each gap between tiers represents about a 5 number gap within a tier. That being the case, someone who is number 1 in tier 3 fighting against a number 10 in tier 2 will be more difficult then just a single gap battle.

Tier Difficulty:
    Each tier has its own difficulty of improvement as well when trying to traverse them. Starting out at tier 4 will be the easiest and quickest growth. When your first starting out and have few abilities improvement is easy to come by of course. However, when your a Tier 1 or 2 and your trying to improve your already vast abilities it will be more difficult to become stronger in the long run. So, the higher in the tiers you go, the harder it is to improve in strength.

That about sums it up. If anyone has any questions about the tiers or combat system feel free to PM me and I'll help you to the best of my ability.